Adjective of Number | Examples of Adjective of Number | List of Adjective of Number
- Most people have to work hard for their living.
- The first boy won the prize.
- He had five rupees in his pocket.
- Several men came to see the lion.
- She ate two apples.
List of Adjective of Number:
- Definite numeral Adjectives
- Indefinite numeral Adjectives and
- Distributive numeral Adjective.
Definite Numeral Adjective:
- James ate five bananas.
- There are fifty students in the class.
- She stood first in the class.
- The first girl won the prize.
- Garima was the second student to join the dance class.
Indefinite Numeral Adjectives:
Moreover, it indicate the approximate amount instead of the exact number.
- Several people came at the temple.
- I bought some eggs.
- Many women were not there.
- There are many people in the park.
- Several students refused to be silent.
Distributive Numeral Adjectives:
However, this adjective basically refers to the individual nouns within the whole amount.
- Every word of her is true.
- Each woman carried a basket.
- Every student in the class stood up.
- Each student must take bath.
- Every Indian must perform their duty.
Differences between Adjective of Number-Adjective of Quantity:
- However, adjective of number tells about number of noun and it’s position whereas, adjective of quantity states approximate amount.
- Adjective of Number is used with countable nouns. Moreover, adjective of quantity used with uncountable nouns.
- Well adjective number is classified into definite numeral adjectives, indefinite numeral adjectives, and distributive numeral adjectives and it is identical to indefinite numeral adjectives.