Adverb of Degree | Meaning of Adverb of Degree | Examples of Adverb of Degree
However, the adverb of degree is generally used to discuss about the degree or intensity of an adjective, an action, or another adverb. As there are various possible as well as so many adverbs of degree that it’s impossible to list them all in one short guide. Thus, the adverb of degree tell us about the adverbs of degree that it’s impossible to list them all in one short guide. adverbs of degree that it’s impossible to list them all in one short guide. intensity or degree of an action, an adjective or another adverb. Thus, these are commonly placed before the adverb, adjective or verb they are modifying, although there are some exceptions discussed below.
However, this adverb is generally tells us about the strength or intensity of something that happens. They usually answer the questions related to the how much? or how little? It is used to discourse the degree or intensity of an action, an adjective, or another adverb. Thus, most of the adverbs are gradable. So, we can identify them. Adverbs of degree include; adequately, highly, tremendously, entirely, greatly, partially, hugely, extremely, moderately, practically, very, immensely, almost, profoundly, strongly, perfectly, totally, virtually etc. Go through its examples.
- He does not quite know about what he will do after graduation.
- He was nearly exhausted.
- The sun is extremely hot.
- They are completely exhausted from the trip.
- She did not notice what he said.
- I am too tired to go out tonight.
- He was just leaving. She has almost finished.
- She is usually intelligent.
- Her face is very beautiful.
- The cup was nearly full.
Adverbs of degree are usually placed:
However, we can easily place the adverb of the degree in the following two ways. These ways are as follows:
- First of all you can place it before the adverb or adjective they are modifying. For example: The water was extremely hot.
- Moreover, you can also use it before the main verb. For example: She was just leaving. He has almost finished.
Thus, these are the two ways in which you can easily place this adverb.