Adverb of Frequency | Meaning of Adverb of Frequency | Adverb of Frequency Examples | Rules of Adverb of Frequency | Adverb of Frequency List
The adverbs that changes as well as qualifies the meaning of the sentence only by telling us how often or how frequently something happens are defined as adverbs of frequency. However, Thus adverb is exactly what it sounds like – an adverb of time. Moreover, the adverb of frequency also describes us about how often something occurs, either in definite or indefinite terms. Thus, this describes the definite frequency is one such as weekly, daily, or yearly. An adverb describing indefinite frequency doesn’t specify an exact time frame like sometimes, often and rarely.
Examples of Adverbs of Frequency:
- We usually shop for the groceries on the Sunday evening.
- He is usually late for his work.
- The incubator turns each egg hourly.
- We take a vacation at least once annually.
- My dentist told me I should floss twice daily.
Adverbs of Frequency Rules:
However, there are various simple rules for the adverbs of frequency. Through this you can easily learn the method to use the adverb of frequency. The rules are as follows:
- However, you must use the Adverb of Frequency to discuss how often something happens.
- These are used to indicate routine or repeated activities, so they are often used with the present simple tense.
- If a sentence has one verb. Then this adverb will be shown in middle of sentence. So, it is positioned after the subject but before the verb.
- If sentence has more verbs than one verb, place the adverb of frequency before the main verb.
- Moreover, if you are using the adverb of frequency in the negative or in forming a question. Then you must place it before the main verb.
Adverbs of Frequency List:
However, it is the list of the adverb of the frequency. As it usually contains the most common words. You must keep in mind though that there are many other words which can serve in this capacity. The words are as follows: Always,Annually, Constantly, Daily, Eventually, Ever, Frequently, Generally, Hourly, Infrequently, Later, Monthly, Never, Next, Nightly, Normally, Now, Occasionally, Often, Quarterly, Rarely, Regularly, Sometimes, Soon.