Future Tense | Meaning of Future Tense | Examples of Future Tense | Uses of Future Tense | Types of Future Tense
However, the future tense generally refer to the future event and future state of action. Thus, in this the auxiliary verb is ‘will’ and 1st form of the verb is used here. Moreover, this also indicate along with the compound verbs. Which are usually made up of main verb as well as the auxiliary verbs or the helper verbs. So, there are certain uses of this as well which describe the importance of future tense.
There are several time expressions as well. These are being used in all the different forms of the future tense. However, these are generally used at the end of the sentence as a question. The most common are: tomorrow, next week (Sunday/month/year), in two days (weeks, months years), the day after tomorrow. That is what will happen in the future course of time. Thus, future tense expresses future action and state.
Examples of Future Tense:
- I will jump in the lake.
- I will be happy.
- We will write a letter.
- They will go to Sumerpur.
- We shall go to our school.
- I shall go to Lucknow tomorrow.
- He will come here on Sunday.
- I shall see you in London.
- We will water the plants everyday while you are away.
- We shall miss you when you leave.
Uses of Future Tense:
- For simple prediction. Example: There will be holiday in many areas tomorrow.
- Plans and intentions. Example: We will go to Goa tomorrow.
- Time-tabled events. Examples: The plane will take off at 3 a.m.
- Willingness. Examples: We will give you a lift.
- An action in progress in the future. Examples: This time we will plan a trip.
- An action or event that is a matter of routine. Examples: We will go to office tomorrow.
- Obligation. Example: Will you travel directly to the London.
Types of Future Tense:
However, broadly there are four kinds of the Future Tense are being classified in the grammar. Thus, they are as follows:
- Simple Future Tense.
- Future Continuous Tense.
- Future Prefect tense.
- Future Continuous Prefect Tense.