Indefinite Adjectives | Meaning of Indefinite Adjectives | Examples of Indefinite Adjectives
However, the indefinite adjective is a kind of the adjective which modifies nouns in a non-specific manner. Well its function as the adjective. Moreover, it modifies the noun as well as he pronoun. These adjectives are usually call such because they modify nouns a non-specific or vague manner. However, there are most of the adjectives which give the “definite” modification for nouns. Whereas, the Indefinite adjectives do not.
- Do you have any pen?
- They both were playing together.
- We do not have enough food.
- There are several people out there.
- Give me one glass of water.
- There are many beautiful places as well.
- Please bring home some dinner.
- Do you have any information?
- You can go to the another place.
- Only a few natural species remain on the island.
Indefinite Adjectives vs. Indefinite Pronouns:
However, these both look similar as they use the same terms. The indefinite pronoun usually takes the place of the noun. These are generally unspecific in nature. They are “indefinite” because they do not identify any one thing specifically. Moreover, these are different in that they modify nouns, they do not replace them.
Take a look on the example of the method of “any” used as an indefinite pronoun and adjective:
- I don’t have any.
- I don’t have any money.
However, the first sentence generally uses the any in order to replace the item such as money. Thus, it is used as the pronoun. Moreover, in the second sentence uses any as an adjective to modify money, answering the question, “How much?”
Indefinite Adjective List:
Given below is the detail explanation of the words which is used in the Indefinite Adjective. The examples are as follows:
- Most of the people have to work hard for their living.
- He had much money along with him.
- Several men came to see the lion.
- He did not eat any bread.
- He want some money.
- Many women were not there.
- They both were playing badminton in the park.
- Neither boy is likely to pass.
- Some men are rich.
- He had enough bread.