Preposition of Direction | Meaning of Preposition of Direction | Examples of Preposition of Direction
Examples of Preposition of Direction :
- He put all the money into his pocket.
- I must have put the pumpkin onto someone else’s trolley in the super market.
- She warned them to keep away from his daughter.
- Two tigers in the circus have escaped from their cage.
- The strong wind blew the wig off his head.
- We quickly moved the conversation onto a new subject.
- He ran away when he felt that someone was coming toward him.
- The teacher has gone to the loo again.
- He sent a message to his mother.
- He lives in Canada but he’s from New York.
Some more examples:
However, given below is the list of few more words which is being used in the preposition of place. Go through them in order to learn about it correctly.
To – It is the most common prepositions of movement or direction. Thus, its main function is generally used to indicate movement or an action or condition suggesting movement in the direction of a place, person, or thing. Hence, we use it to show the movement in the specific direction.
Across – Its generally mean from one to other. We used it used to show movement from one side to the opposite side.
Along – However, it generally means a point in the length of; from one point to another.
Around – It particularly means tat a circle as well as a along a curving path.
Down – This particularly means high as well as low. It also means towards the south. Thus, this preposition is generally used in order to indicate the movement from a higher to a lower position.