Preposition of Place | Preposition of Place Meaning | Examples of Preposition of Place
However, a preposition of place is a preposition which is generally used in order to refer to a place of where something as well as someone is located. Moreover, there can be only three preposition of the place but when it comes to use them. Then there is an almost endless number of places. Thus, the preposition of the place is generally used to show place or where somethings happens.
- At – However, this preposition of place is generally used in order to discuss about a certain point.
- In – This is generally used in order to discuss about an enclosed space.
- On – Moreover, in this preposition of time it is generally used to discuss about a surface.
There are various other preposition of the place which can be used such as behind, under, after, down. Thus, the preposition of the place allows you to be very specific when talking about where action takes place in stories or when discussing important details for communication purposes.
Thus, this is the best method in order to learn about the preposition of place. So that you can understand it correctly.
Examples of Prepositions of Place:
However, this preposition of the place provides you with the ability of to tell others where something is located. Thus, in the following examples the prepositions of place have been italicized for ease of identification. Hence, in order to learn more about this you must go through with these various examples.
- Those boys are playing on the beach.
- The mall is located at the intersection of Main Street and Third Avenue.
- I really wish you would stop throwing your dirty clothes on the floor.
- The workers are sitting in the shade.
- We spent a quiet evening at home.
- I’m growing tomatoes in my garden.
- The children are running after each other.
- I was so tired that I took a nap in the car.
- Please place the bouquet on the table.
- Jessie waited for Jim at the corner.