Preposition of Time | Preposition of Time Meaning | Preposition of Time Examples
However, a Preposition of Time is that preposition which allows you to discuss a specific time period. Such as a date on the calendar, one of the days of the week, or the actual time something takes place. Thus the preposition of time is same as the words as prepositions of place. Moreover, they are used in the different way. Thus, you can easily distinguish the prepositions, as they always discuss times rather than places. Such as:
- At – However, this preposition is generally used in order to discuss about the clock times, holidays and festivals, and other very specific time frames including exceptions, such as “at night.”
- In – We generally use this in order to discuss about the months, seasons, years, centuries, general times of day, and longer periods of time such as “in the past.”
- On – Through this preposition we generally discuss about the certain days of the week or portions of days of the week, specific dates, and special days such as “on New Year’s Day.”
Thus, this preposition allows you to tell your readers when things are taking place. Hence, they are very vital parts of the speech in order to use them in the stories, as well as when writing simple communications, reports, and other items.
Examples of Prepositions of Time:
However, there can be only three preposition of time. But the method in which these are used is endless. Thus, to learn more about the Preposition of time you are required to go through with these examples. In order to learn method of forming correct sentence. Thus, the examples are as follows:
- The policeman is on duty.
- Father is at home.
- He died in plague.
- She laughed on my face.
- He takes delight in teasing younger children.
- Breakfast is a meal which is generally eaten in the morning.
- My brother John was born on September 3rd.
- We always have a huge celebration on New Year’s Eve.
- The town is always well-decorated at Christmastime.
- Now that my grandfather is older, he no longer drives at night.